Diamond Painting in 2020 - The Ultimate Guide
Have you just recently joined this diamond painting aka Paint with Diamonds fraternity? Or it’s been a while and you’re just a tad curios now? Or are you one of those confused ones that’s always looking towards the best in the business to provide them with a handy guide that could guide them to gratifying greatness?
Well, either way it’s your lucky day. We know that you’ve been tirelessly, endlessly and keenly searching everything related to diamond painting but what if we tell you that your wishes are true and we’ve jotted down everything that you need here. (Wouldn’t that be great if it were true?) Well it is most definitely true now. In a revolutionary chain of events, our experts stumbled onto the need of housing everything under one roof and have bridged the previous gap to produce this In-depth and Ultimate Guide to diamond painting.
Everyone who’s embarking on the journey to produce a diamond painting masterpiece would find this handy guide to diamond painting a total bliss. (Euphoric Drumrolls)
Before You Start Painting with Diamonds
Before you set out to sail towards your diamond painting destination, our expert team of navigators want to enlighten you with a set of instructions that are known to make your experience immaculate and ensure smooth sailings;
Choosing your Setting:
Some of you might think that this one is a no-brainer, really but since we claim that we’ll cover each and everything in this guide so this one here is for the masses. Choosing your surroundings and setting wisely is the most imperative step in diamond painting as you’ll eventually invest quite a lot of your time pursuing this hobby. So this experience demands that your setting be as comfortable as humanly possible and the lighting should be adequate enough for you to maintain your focus. The more your surroundings will be soothing, the more your painting experience will be gratifying.
Picking the right spot:
This goes without saying that it is strongly recommended that diamond painting must be pursued on a flat table possessing optimal height and optimal length.
One of the reasons we are highlighting this point is that we don’t want to see diamond painters looking like hunchback of Notre Dame.
We also don’t want the canvas falling over or bending from one end so having the right table or the right spot will work wonders for you. It’s in your best interest that your spot should be stable enough for you to exercise mobility as well.
No to Nuisances:
Whichever work or leisure activity that you’re pursuing should be free from all kinds of nuisances. (unknown)
That’s a rule that is there since the very beginning of evolution and that is here to stay in diamond painting experience as well. Ensure that your surroundings are dirt free and there isn’t any unattended liquid matter which could potentially wreak havoc on your experience. As the saying goes, precaution is better than cure.
Preserving your canvas:
If you’re naturally guilty of being forgetful or being one of those unlucky people who land in scenarios where they eventually end up losing things, this one’s directly addressing you guys. Simply, you can get some assistance from technology and channel your inner photographer to click a picture of your charismatic canvas. This way you’ll always preserve the canvas even if you be your worst self. (In the battle against nature, always be one step ahead. Aha!)
Scrutinizing the search engines explicitly revealed the fact that one of the most searched topic these days is diamond painting but the knowledge out there pertaining to this growing phenomenon is uncannily very limited so the next segment of this guide is aimed to bestir yourself with the canvas and give you a better understanding before you dive into producing the masterpiece with your bare hands.
Query 1) What constitutes a diamond painting kit?
Ans.) Every diamond kit is extremely special and every kit is loaded with:
- A delightfully printed canvas covered with a protective coating of plastic sheet
- Tiny, shiny and labelled drills (diamonds)
- Settler (Pen for plying the diamonds)
- The Adhesive gel
Query 2) What is the adhesive gel used for?
Ans.) Adhesive gel serves the primary purpose of enabling you to pick up the diamonds prolifically. A minute amount of gel is enough for you to apply on the pointy end of diamond applicator tool and then you can proceed gently lift the diamonds and ply them in their designated place.
Query 3) What are the diamonds made of?
Ans.) These elegant and colorful diamonds are tailor-made to perfection by Eco-friendly resins which are known to have a long lasting sparkle, glitter and glamour.
Query 4) Diamond paintings targets which age group?
Diamond painting is one of those rare gems that is fun for all ages irrespective of race or gender. (WOAH!)
Query 5) How long does it take to complete a diamond painting?
Ans.) This is a very subjective question as the answer to it depends entirely on your own interest and pace. However, larger sizes will require an ample amount of time whereas the smaller ones just require you to devote lesser hours as compared to the former. So there’s no hard and fast rule to complete this.
Query 6) How can I interact with other diamond painting artists?
Ans.) There are plenty of Facebook groups and online communities where people can easily join and be a part of the clan. Remember, it is safe for everyone to join them. It acts as a prolific support system, confidence booster and a perfect remedy to fight your inner introvert.
Query 7) How can one protect their finished diamond painting?
Ans.) Once you’ve completed your masterpiece, you can easily seal the product and then frame it to protect it from any sort of wear and tear. The prolific guide to sealing and framing the canvas is highlighted in a separate article and you can find that out here too.
Our prolific answers will quench your desire to eradicate your looming confusions. We believe you are now well-versed to begin your diamond painting journey with us. (Buckle up!)
In order to hone your Inner Da Vinci, we have you covered in this spectrum as well. Not everyone knows how to paint with diamonds in the most extravagant and exquisite manner, so our experts have compiled a series of fifteen steps that will serve as a complete guide to diamond painting;
- Begin by unloading your diamond painting kit. Make sure to empty your kit on a flat surface.
- Next you have to familiarize yourself with the labels present on the sheet and in doing so you’ll understand your canvas
- Use a masking tape to unfold the canvas. You’ll now witness a wrinkle-free beauty in front of you
- Next, peel off the plastic covering inch by inch.
- Proceed by pouring out your delightful diamonds onto the attractive tray.
- Moving on, dip the pen gently on the gel in order to lift the diamonds
- Tap the diamonds with the settler tool and the diamond will latch onto the tool with full force.
- Using a delicate touch, you should now ply the diamond onto its respective place.
- Continue this process until your desired area is complete.
- Peel the sheet as you proceed. (Remember, one inch at a time)
- Once you’ve crept your way to perfection and your desired destination, you can cover your canvas the plastic sheet.
- Use rolling pins to add stability to the core of the canvas.
- Stack a load over the canvas or apply sealant to ensure durability.
- Let the load stay overnight and the next day you are free to remove the masking tapes now.
- Lastly, you need to frame the canvas using stretcher bars and that is a tedious task which needs to be carried out under expert supervision or parental guidance to avoid any harm.
To become the next big diamond painting sensation, all you need to do is to adhere by this step by step expert instruction manual to paint with diamonds.
Your diamond art experience can be made even better if you follow these resourceful tips set forth by our esteemed fraternity of diamond painting:
- Our first pro tip to smooth out the canvas from all sides is to apply force from your fingers.
- The next tip is to peel off the plastic inch by inch at the tortoise’s pace.
- Taking up the sort sport (where you sort out your diamonds in trays) before diamond painting is the key to ultimate bliss.
- Apply masking tapes, to have a fuzz free experience and to keep nuisances at bat
- Another stellar tip is to follow the downhill approach. It helps you to maneuver from the top to bottom with ease.
- Use Blue tac instead of regular wax as the blue tac just needs to be replenished once a fortnight and it is lighter on the wallet too.
- A useful tip is to tape the drills right next to its corresponding symbol. The charts can then help you recall the right drills and visually work magic for you.
- For prolific placements, using checkerboard placements in areas belonging to the same color scheme can aid in keeping your lines perfectly aligned. (Extreme levels of gratification guaranteed)
- To combat air bubbles, use either a blade or a cutter to slice that particular area and within no time the air bubbles will vanish.
- To further illuminate your canvas, using a light pad adds clarity and helps you perform better.
- Placing another identical tray on top of an already tray loaded with diamonds help you in resolving the sticky syndrome of the diamonds being stuck together
- Smothering the area that has lost its zeal with baby wipes can help you bring back the lost galore instantly.
- Using permanent markers to scribble the numbers or symbols in accordance to their respective diamond pouches is a very handy tip.
- Always use multi diamond applicators as they rev up the process and act as a catalyst in plying the diamonds.
- Here’s our last but not the least tip, never, I repeat NEVER discard your drills until and unless you’re a retard.
While you’re currently bamboozled by our top notch tips and are possibly contemplating that nobody can stop you from becoming a diamond painting maestro, all we’ve got to add here is that our expert team is still on the hunt for newer and better tips. Do keep an eye on this space to learn more.
After going through the entire above mentioned guide, you’ve probably made up your mind already to start pursuing this hobby instantly. If you’re still stubborn enough to be skeptical about this, we’re now commencing to play our trump card. The final ace of our deck i.e. lamenting the peculiar benefits of diamond painting. If you’re not already convinced, this segment is surely going to win your heart, mind and soul.
There’s no denying the fact that Diamond painting is known to possess plenty benefits, both direct and indirect and our experts have jotted down all of them in the most significant manner here;
- The potion of confidence that is injected into our bloodstream through taking up this hobby and regularly completing your masterpieces is one of its kind and goes a long way in increasing our confidence.
- Diamond Painting is known to alleviate all the stubborn and negative energies inside you with a long-lasting effect.
- Diamond-painting kits is the rare commodity that helps you keep your mind off technology. This addiction is a pretty healthier one and there are no harmful effects whatsoever
- Painting by diamonds is a one for all hobby that can be taken up by all ages.The sense of achieving together is known to induce the much needed quality family time
- Diamond painting proves to be a stepping stone that enhances your skill levels, boosts your creativity and helps you sore to newer heights by tapping the right chords of your brain.
- Diamond art lets you explore new horizons and fights all your inner introvert tendencies by letting you communicate, interact and learn from the entire community of diamond painting.
We know that you’re convinced to take up this diamond painting hobby as soon as possible. Anyways, since our prolific and in-depth guide to diamond painting is now complete, all we’ll say is that the diamond painting world awaits you with its arms wide open.
We promise that we have left no stone unturned to make your artistic journey a bliss and we guarantee that we’ll continue serving our entire diamond painting clan. Lastly, cheers to our ingenious, unique and unparalleled services. (SAYONARA!)